A high rate of preventable hospitalizations in Illinois means that the need for quality nursing has never been greater. A trained nursing staff can keep an eye on patients and attend to their needs where over-taxed doctors might otherwise miss. Luckily for the 12 million+ residents of Illinois, our fully accredited nursing schools are now accepting new students and preparing them for the worthy task ahead.
Each of our schools listed below offers a high-quality learning experience for those pursuing a career in nursing. Whether you are training to become an LPN, a CNA or an RN you’re sure to find a campus that’s near you. We have schools in Chicago, the Quad Cities and Naperville to name a few. Plus we have several great online learning options for those looking to transition into the field who need a little bit of a flexible schedule.
As an Illinois nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $41,700
- Currently employed: 23,390
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Nursing Schools Enrolling Now