With obesity and diabetes rates at an all-time-high and the number of uninsured on the rise, the importance of quality health clinics and hospitals in Ohio cannot be stressed enough. Healthcare facilities across the country and especially in Ohio, rely on the dedication of trained and specialized nurses to keep things running. This is why the Buckeye State is such a great place to become a nurse.
No matter what your specialty or level of certification you’re sure to find a high quality learning experience from our schools below. Countless talented LPNs, CNAs and RNs have gotten their start at our fully-accredited institutions.
With campuses from Cleveland to Dayton and Columbus our schools serve Ohioans from all across the state. Can’t find a school near you? Don’t have time to commit to a traditional in-classroom experience? Learn online at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home. Our online learning classes can teach you what you need to know in order to start your nursing career off on the right foot!
As an Ohio nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $40,370
- Currently employed: 42,250
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Nursing Schools Enrolling Now